Better Home Insurance from CJ Campbell
Home Insurance policies are not created equally, nor are they priced the same.When you purchase your Home Insurance; you want to deal with an Independent Insurance Broker who represents a vast array of companies. With just one call, you will be able to obtain price comparisons from many companies through one broker. CJ Campbell Insurance is that broker.
We will strive to ensure that when you purchase your Home Insurance, your experience will be a pleasant one. You will have the opportunity to deal with our experienced staff, who will provide you with reasonable rates while answering all of your questions and giving you the expert advice which you deserve, on your Home Insurance requirements.
CJ Campbell Insurance have been tailoring Home Insurance packages for our customers’ needs since 1912. Many things have changed over the years, such as prices, coverages and insurance companies, but the one thing that has remained constant is the confidence and the trust you can rely on when you insure with CJ Campbell Insurance.
Purchasing an Insurance Policy is Easy. Fill out the form below to get started!
- DWELLING: Applies to the principal residence and all attached structures.
- PRIVATE STRUCTURES: Applies to detached structures such as a garage or storage shed, used for personal use.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY: Applies to personal property you own, wear or use. Special limits apply to some property and can be modified in several ways with endorsements.
- ADDITIONAL LIVING EXPENSE: Applies in the event of an insured loss which renders the dwelling unsuitable for living. Compensation is made for the reasonable time required to repair or rebuild the dwelling or if you permanently relocate, the reasonable time required to settle elsewhere.
- PERSONAL LIABILITY: Provides coverage for personal loss exposures if a claim is made or suit is brought against you due to bodily injury or property damage arising out of your personal activities anywhere in the world.
- VOLUNTARY MEDICAL PAYMENTS: Provides compensation incurred from an unintentional injury to another person or if they are accidentally injured on your premises, even though you are not legally liable. This coverage may include surgical, dental, hospital, nursing, ambulance service and funeral expenses. There is a limit to the amount that will be paid out.
- VOLUNTARY PROPERTY DAMAGE: Provides compensation for property damage caused by you to another person. There is a limit to the amount that will be paid out.
- Cameras & Equipment
- Collections such as coin, card, stamp or comic books
- Cellular Phones
- Fine Arts
- Garden Tractors
- Hearing Aids
- Home Computers
- Musical Instruments
- Professional Books
- Sporting Equipment
- Wear and tear, gradual deterioration, latent defect or inherent vice
- Mechanical breakdown
- Marring and scratching, rust or corrosion, condensation, dampness of atmosphere, wet or dry rot, mould or contamination
- Faulty material or workmanship
- Birds, raccoon, vermin, rodents or insects
- Loss or damage resulting from your intentional or criminal acts
- Water which seeps into your home
Q. What things could happen to my property that won’t be covered unless I make special arrangements?
A. One example would be damage arising from the freezing of indoor plumbing. This is seen as preventable. If you are away from home during the normal heating season, you must drain the plumbing or arrange to have your home checked by a competent person or ensure that heat is maintained. If these arrangements are not met and your pipes burst, you may end up with no coverage. How long you are away from your home before someone is required to check it, varies with insurance companies. Give your C J Campbell specialist a call to confirm the wordings on your policy.
Q. What are some items that might require additional insurance?
A. The limits to replace stolen cash or garden tractors, watercraft and computer software, are relatively small. Coverage limits may apply also to jewellery, watches and furs, coin, stamp and card collections. “Riders” or “Floaters” provide extended coverage for specific items at reasonable costs. Coverage can be worldwide with usually no or low deductibles. Discuss the items that you may want to specifically list, with your C J Campbell specialist.
Q. Should I make a claim with every loss?
A. This is a very personal decision and before making a Home Insurance claim, consider the cost of the damage, compared to your deductible. If there is little difference, you may choose not to make a claim. In addition, when you make a claim, you will lose your “no claims discount”. Losing your “no claims” discount would result in an increase of your premiums. Consult with your C J Campbell specialist as to whether or not a claim should be made.
Q. I’m going on a sabbatical for a year and renting out my home. Does my Home Insurance cover damages caused by the tenant? Also, will my Home Insurance protect me if they steal my contents that are left in the home? Do I require special insurance?
A. Whenever you have a lifestyle change such as this, you must contact your C J Campbell specialist and they will advise you of any restrictions so that you can take care of precautionary measures. Some other lifestyle changes that warrant a phone call to your C J Campbell specialist include, but are not limited to: your home becoming vacant, home renovations, running a small business from your home, installing a home security system and purchasing an item such as watercraft or a cottage.
Q. Are there certain risks or potential hazards to my home for which I cannot purchase insurance?
A. No policy will cover everything that can go wrong. If it did, the premiums would cost too much. Insurance is intended for unforeseeable events. Your C J Campbell specialist will answer any questions you may have about what is not covered on your policy.